PhD & Masters University Grad Position- Mechanical Engineer
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformationan augmented reality platform of great utility & simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion & dedication. Thats why were committed to building & empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people & fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, & user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD & Masters students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, & broader universities we are committed to empowering & elevating diversity of thought, experience, & background in our workforce & in our pipeline of future researchers!
You will need to go into our office regularly in Plantation, Florida. (Near Miami/Ft. Lauderdale)
We are seeking a Masters or PHD Student in Mechanical Engineering to design precision-engineered production hardware and/or fixtures. In this position you will be expected to perform as an individual contributor on an interdisciplinary product team through development, design, measurement & assembly. To succeed you must be highly innovative & enjoy working in a dynamic & creative environment.
The mechanical engineering team works closely with electrical, optical, systems, industrial design, & manufacturing teams to design quality, high-volume, consumer products. We would love it if you are creative, energetic & excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Applies engineering theory & practical knowledge, under direction of engineering staff, to develop, verify & review their 3D CAD designs.
- Builds & tests prototype devices and/or fixtures to validate their designs.
- Creates preliminary specifications to identify & plan requirements for part fabrication, purchase, assembly, & test.
- Assembles & modifies parts & related components of the prototype and/or fixture to prepare for testing & measurement.
- Operates prototypes & test equipment. Including testing, observation & recording of test data in accordance with specifications.
- Analyzes test data, formulates conclusions & develops solutions to address any shortcomings of their designs.
- Communicates their results & solutions to the staff in a clear & concise presentation.
- PTC Creo experience or similar CAD software.
- Technical aptitude to design fixtures and/or prototypes & the ability to perform data collection with quality measurements.
- Excellent communication skills as in throughout your time here you will be communicating with members of staff at all levels.
- A positive attitude & high desire to learn in a fast-paced consumer product environment.
- Mechanical Engineering Masters or PHD student enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering field of study.