Are you a Director of Technology, Manager of IT, or experienced Systems Engineer/ Developer with a background in Visual Effects (VFX) or animation? If so, read on, our team would love to get in touch with you!
Our client, an established post-production & visual effects provider, is seeking a Manager of VFX Pipeline. In this role, you'll leverage your vast knowledge of vfx pipelines & rendering, as well as your more general knowledge of IT infrastructure, to fine tune & optimize existing systems, as well as architecting future solutions.
- Analyzing, implementing & evaluating IT systems & their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Several years experience working with particular systems as relevant to your company for instance Linux
- Designing, developing, testing, & maintaining VFX production pipeline custom software tools & components
- Working with the Pipeline Developers, Technical Directors, CG Supervisors, & other leads/supervisors to help architect solutions (tools & workflow) for pipeline enhancements & fixes Investigating bugs/issues with existing tools, while designing & implementing fixes & features as needed
- Mentoring & providing guidance to junior members of the team
- Assisting in production floor support
- Working directly with artists to investigate & address urgent issues related to custom pipeline tool
- Overseeing all technology operations & evaluating them according to established goals
- Devising & establishing IT policies & systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) & evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise & establish IT policies & systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Inspect the use of technological equipment & software to ensure functionality & efficiency
- Identifying & recommending new technology solutions
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems & report to upper management
- Identifying security vulnerabilities & eliminating them with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Control budget & report on expenditure
- Communicating with the technology team & other departments as collaboration requires