We're seeking a General Manager to join our Operations team. The General Manager will report directly to the Senior Area Director of Operations.
What Youll Do:
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the Location/Property Management at either single unit or multi-unit complexed locations in accordance with Convenes vision, mission & values including our core principles.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the conference/program operations at the designated Convene location, in accordance with Convene standards. Directs, implements & maintains the service, technology, production, & culinary philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate via verbal & written correspondence with all level of employees & clients; exhibiting GRIT in all interactions
- Work dynamically & prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests & employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous & service-oriented manner
- Oversee & coordinate the setup & execution of all functions with the Service, Production & Culinary departments at either single locations or multi-unit complexed locations
- Coach, mentor & develop all level of employees at your location(s)
- Comply with Convene standards & regulations to encourage safe & efficient operations including scheduling, varying according to the needs of the facility
- Maximize efforts towards productivity by identifying problem areas & implementing solutions
- Responsible for overseeing the Service team including hiring, staffing, scheduling, training, payroll, & conducting performance reviews in accordance with Convene standards
- Ensure inspection of all conference center areas for cleanliness & maintenance on a regular basis
- Attend & run meetings in accordance to Convene meeting cadence, running efficient & productive agendas. Oversee daily & weekly PEO meetings as well as weekly staff meetings
- Responsible for controlling & maintaining all service equipment, communicating with facilities management & outside vendors to ensure all equipment remains in working order.
- Create & maintain positive relationships with building management
- Work with sales manager & other conference planning manager to ensure accuracy of Salesforce
- Develop client relationships to ensure a successful event.
- Oversee Production team & ensure proper planning, upselling, detailing, proper room blocks, & professional communication to clients
- Build relationships with all local competitors & surrounding businesses
- Work closely with Sales, Revenue, Finance & Corp Ops on monthly P&L review, monthly forecasting & during annual budget process
- Responsible for driving impactful financial decisions that positively impact the monthly P&L results
- Understand both monthly forecasting & the annual budget process
- Assist with developing healthy employee relations environment, including employee motivation & coaching.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, & ongoing evaluation of operations, production, culinary, & technology departments
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are consistent, up to date & being followed
- Review & update all internal & external forms & processes quarterly to ensure continuous improvement & quality standards
- Brand standards are being executed
- Confirms that all payroll reports are accurate prior to approval & that all employees are compensated properly for their time.
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment set up & usage
- Alongside Area Director of Operations, establish strategic plan & lead site via specific action steps to achieve financial, quality goals & survey scores
- Meet with guests to understand the requirements for their functions, & supervision of the banquet staff to ensure guests' requirements are met & exceeded
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Convene standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the facility
What We Look For:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality, including some previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead, develop other team members
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium work experience company that includes a network of 25+ meeting, event, & office locations, & Virtual & Hybrid Meetings products. Were creating premium, hospitality-driven, & tech-enabled meeting & event experiences through our proprietary technology platform & network of premium workplaces. Join us at the forefront of improving how people meet & work.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
We require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated (including boosters, if eligible) against Covid-19 by the time they start, subject to any applicable accommodations. Therefore, if you were to join Convene, subject to any applicable accommodations, you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Convene will consider & review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. #LI-AS1