Compass is looking for a talented Creative Developer to turn elegant design into beautiful code. Youll be part of the Compass Creative Studio, working hand-in-hand with a small team of digital designers & developers not to mention additional mentorship from our world-class Product & Engineering team. Our recent projects range from visually-rich story-driven websites to interactive time-saving tools.
As a developer in the Creative Studio, you will flex your front-end engineering expertise, but also work across the stack to own production-ready applications for our agent customers & in-house design team. Your code is designed for stability & can withstand forces of scale. You have strong opinions on code structure, cleanliness, & style, & are also passionate about user experience & design. Ideally, you possess strong algorithmic & data structure knowledge to boot.
What were looking for:
- Hands on experience with RESTful API design in Node.js.
- Strong attention to design details including animation, spacing, typography, & element sizing.
- 1-2 years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications.
- Strong writing skills for code comments, project pitches, & team communication.
- Ability to write testable code in an organized & logical manner.
- Proven track-record writing server-side code in Java and/or Go.
- Familiarity with devops tools like Docker & Kubernetes.
- In-depth understanding & hands-on experience with MongoDB or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Knowledge of software architecture best practices, & data pipelines.
- Experience with 3D or video manipulation, in the browser.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Ourentrepreneurship principlesbind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.