About the role
Join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom & work on digital products for the worlds greatest role playing games.
You will help us make next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gamingbringing the most convenience, customization, & captivation to the TRPG community we can.
In your role you will own technical implementation & coding for e-commerce-focused front end applications on our Tabletop RPG platform. You will work closely with BackEnd Engineers to define service contracts. Though your main focus will be frontend application development, you will also have opportunities to work in the full application stack.
- Have the opportunity to directly impact & drive subscriber growth, commerce, & revenue for our TRPG platform
- Work in an environment where you have direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Develop resilient, scalable systems with the latest technology
- Learn from & mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skill sets in a collaborative team environment
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
- Have a chance to grow, broaden you skill set & try out new technologies
You will be successful because you will...
- design & develop maintainable software through proper design, testing, & documentation
- advance team initiatives through action
- do not fear failure
- will solicit, accept, & give respectful & appropriate feedback
We are excited about you because you have experience with...
- Scaling a website for heavy user load, e.g. 1,000,000+ monthly active users
- Using AWS services to manage globally distributed infrastructure
- Implementing relational or NoSQL databases in a production environment
- Breaking down monolithic framework architectures into smaller distributed services
- You have run or played in your own Dungeons & Dragon games.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building apps using latest web technologies React, HTML5
- Consuming RESTful APIs using industry-standard best practices
- Contributing to & consuming NPM libraries, both internal & open source
- Uses a shared code base with peer reviews & pull requests
- Writing & maintains unit & integration tests
- Assists with improving code integration & deployment processes
- Participating & occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, & retrospectives
- Adhering to & improve processes & coding standards
- Creating & maintain project documentation
- 3+ years web development experience
- Proficient in JS SPA development, object-oriented programming & web development technologies
- Problems solver / out of the box thinker
- Proactivity, teamplay
- CSS + styled components
- Responsive design
- Accessibility web standards & best practices (WAI-ARIA, WCAG)
- Functional OO programming
- Test-driven development
- Cross-browser support (dont worry, we dont support legacy if we dont have to)
- Feature flags
- Web animations
- Inline SVG
- AWS (bonus, for the backend part)
- D&D/Tabletop gaming Interest/Passion
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches & Happy Hour
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer