Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Accountant to be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring & analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, the Accountant works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms & varying currencies. The Accountant will work closely with the engineering, risk team & general finance team.
What you'll work on:
- Reconcile month-end balance sheet accounts as part of the close process (Cash, USDC, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- Implement process & procedures for month-end reconciliations to improve accuracy & efficiency
- Documenting key accounting processes & performing related accounting operation controls
- Record journal entries into the general ledger to on an ongoing basis
- Participate & assist in implementation of software to automate processes
- Perform special accounting analysis & projects, as requested
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience (CPA or CPA in progress preferred)
- Direct experience performing or auditing balance sheet reconciliations
- Track record of improving processes
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, & creative
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX & GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.