Lead the technical architecture of a state-of-the-art SaaS product.
The Role Youll Play:
As a Principal Engineer at CB Insights, you will be owning the architecture of our market intelligence platform. You will set the overall architecture direction for our software, communicate this direction to the teams, work with the teams on how to move towards the architecture vision, & be a leader of our engineering organization. You will lead by example through active coding & will be hands-on with our entire code base.
About the Platform Engineering team:
CBIs platform engineering team shapes the future of our products architecture. Their focus is to continuously improve our architecture, enable quality code, & positively influence the productivity of our engineers. The team also focuses on establishing common engineering patterns & principles, & works across the engineering teams to guide the application of these There is a culture of experimentation on this team which allows you to try new things & make a big impact. This is a group of helpful & talented engineers who play a pivotal role in our products future & development.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Set the architectural direction of our companys SaaS product.
- Work with the engineering departments leadership to establish & enforce coding practices & patterns.
- Be a leader to our engineering teams through your evangelization of the principles & standards youve set forth & through your own hands-on coding work.
- Analyze our platform & codebase to prioritize areas of improvement.
- Mentor engineers & guide teams to apply our defined patterns to the existing codebase.
- Maintain & improve our internal tooling used for local development, as well as create new tooling as needed.
- Manage & coordinate department wide tech initiatives.
- Work with engineers to foster positive collaboration across teams understand & prioritize fixing common sources of friction within the department.
- Work with the product team to understand when the adoption of new practices can be baked into the product development pipeline.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years professional experience
- Expertise in modern server-side programming languages (we use Golang & Python)
- Experience architecting enterprise systems with deep knowledge of enterprise design patterns & best practices
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Postgre SQL, Aurora, Oracle)
- Proficiency working with Containers, including troubleshooting issues & creating custom images (we use Docker)
- Believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Love for experimentation
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Youll be successful here if you:
- Are a collaborative worker
- Have interest in mentoring & coaching those around you
- Are self-motivated
- Enjoy learning new things as well as imparting your knowledge onto others
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!