Director, Product Design
Index Exchange works with 1,000 of the largest websites & app developers globally to help them drive ad revenue to fund their businesses, ensuring people can enjoy the great content they produce. Simply put, our products help publishers grow & manage their advertising revenue.
The Product Design team at Index Exchange is a close-knit, collaborative group that crafts experiences to make ad tech easier. Combining research, data, & thoughtful critique, we discover needs & solve fundamental problems that impact the way people experience our products. The Product Design team creates an understanding of our customers, external users, & internal users. Were looking to hire a Director, Product Design who will be highly involved in the product development process. We want someone who is passionate about design, technology, & finding better ways to bring people together in our community.
As a Director, Product Design at Index Exchange you'll lead a team of skilled designers to push the envelope in product design & have the opportunity to build out a team. We're looking for someone with an energy to excite others; to provide the direction to take us to the next level, mentor & build creative teams & streamline our design. Lead by example through executing while managing the execution of others. You will help to define a vision for our new web application, build our design system, & design new products while helping your team work iteratively towards these goals. You will define the problem, interpret product requirements, & understand the needs of our users while shipping high-quality designs & quickly prototyping solutions to visual & interaction problems. You will work closely with the VP of Product to assist in leading & mentoring a team of multidisciplinary designers while evangelizing design across the company & the local community.
- Oversee the development of a new world-class user experience for publishers, buyers, & partners.
- Recruit, hire, coach, & manage a talented team of interaction designers, visual designers, & design researchers
- Create or leverage processes, best practices, a culture, & toolkits to make the designs at Index Exchange consistent, repeatable, & enjoyable to develop & use. Lead & enforce product design best practices with our Engineering & Product counterparts
- Get to know the Index product life cycle that touches our entire development process, & sug gest improvements to it that ensure Product Design is incorporated at the right points to maximize value & minimize friction
- Be Product Designs biggest advocate within the organization. Keep Product Design involved in key decision making, company events, & goal setting.
- Thoughtfully participate & provide leadership in design communities
- Partner with MarComm to craft & evolve our brand identity as the company grows & expands into new markets & products.
- Encourage the team & company to improve the user experience via measurable user outcomes
- Grow our user research function so we continue using data & feedback to drive our decision making & product choices.
- 6+ years of ui/ux design experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- An ability to navigate the intersection of business goals with design strategy
- A passion for mentorship & skill development
- An ability to communicate with clarity, effectively articulating your design decisions with business partners, while being open to constructive feedback, knowing additional input can only make you stronger
- Proficiency in design software & tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, etc.)
- Proficiency in UX, product design, & latest best practices that foster successful design teams & winning products
- Last but certainly not least, someone who encourages a work-life balance & knows how to have fun!