The Sporting Goods Walmart US E-commerce Team is looking for an individual who can collaborate & thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate & foster innovative thinking, use & learn the latest tools & technology to analyze data & insights at scale, & above all else think every day about how to achieve the Sporting Goods category vision & performance objectives by best meeting the needs of our customers.
As the eCommerce Merchandise Planning Manager for Sporting Goods, you will be responsible for managing inventory, planning & forecasting for a complex category with plenty of growth runway, ensuring that assortment, price & availability are a win-win for our customers & our business. Creativity & agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends & synthesize information from multiple touch points, providing financial plans & supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. This role will give you an opportunity to integrate the needs of a number of diverse subcategories with varying market situations, seasonality, & strategic imperatives. Your responsibility will include managing Planning Analysts & will report to the GM Sporting Goods.
You will work on the Sporting Goods leadership team & collaborate with an amazing group of Sporting Goods associates & cross-functional colleagues, alike. You will have access to advanced merchandising tools & technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business & financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the art to the science of retailing, were also counting on you to share your knowledge & expertise with your team & foster a collaborative & supportive environment.
- Maintains & executes financial plans & open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy
- Provides input into category financial plans & budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue) in collaboration with category managers & category GM
- Reviews sales & profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met.
- Models, analyzes & evaluates impact of key variables on category performance. Provides input into models, analysis, & evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Oversees the structure & efficacy of weekly PO placement in conjunction of OTB forecast, collaborating with Supply Chain team to maintain healthy in-stock rates
- Reports to & works closely with category managers & the General Manager to drive high level business strategy & complete analyses to identify opportunities in the business
- Supports the continuous development & implementation of core team strategies by putting together & presenting relevant data
- Ensures compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Manages a small team with the accountability for performing the above responsibilities in support of Sporting Goods sub-categories
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a retail environment preferred
- Previous eCommerce Planning experience a plus!!
- Strong quantitative skills & ability to quickly learn new data systems & processes
- High level of attention to detail paired with an ability to think big-picture & operate strategically
- Interpersonal skills & experience working in a collaborative environment; able to work effectively both with Junior colleagues & Senior Leaders/Managers
- Able to multi-task & meet deadlines.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.