Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Market Development Executive to join our Regional Sales team for our Southeast Markets.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. And we need your help to do so.
About the role:
As an Oscar Market Development Executive, you will be responsible for driving membership growth through our General Agency, agency, & broker partnerships. You will spearhead distribution strategy across your assigned markets, ensuring insurance agents have the information & tools to effectively sell Oscars unique & innovative products.
- Build & manage GA, agency, & broker relationships in the assigned market
- Host product & certification trainings for individual agents, agencies & GA partners
- Plan & manage sales events with community organizations & provider partners
- Identify & test new growth opportunities, sharing learnings with broader sales team
- Meet or exceed sales goals while providing great service to our distribution partners
- Provide local competitive intelligence & market research
- Be the voice of the brokerage community within Oscar
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of sales experience
- Experience building relationships with distribution partners
- Experience presenting to varied audiences
- Experience in health insurance, ACA or Medicare Advantage sales a plus (but not required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack, & Salesforce
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.