Build the Logistics Platform to Connect The World
At Flexport, our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Our Flexport Platform team is at the heart of that mission, digitizing & connecting the world through our first-class logistics technology. Were here to cultivate imagination,innovation, & implementation of a new world of trade technologies with full data transparency & optimized efficiency. Our Vice President of Platform Engineering will be responsible for delivering impactful solutions in the following areas:
- Facilitate end-to-end financial transaction transparency from our ever expanding network of suppliers & partners to our growing customers. This group has end-to-end responsibility for financial accuracy across the entire Flexport ecosystem.
- Innovate by building new Products-as-a-Service for global trade including but not limited to: Vessel Tracking, Entity Trust, & Carbon Emission Calculation.
- Develop the foundational technological abstractions & primitives for Global Trade. Our technology platform will contain a multi-enterprise suite of services, APIs, & data for the development, deployment, & operation of software applications in the trade, logistics & supply chain industry. Data underpins our technology & the Knowledge Graph & capabilities you will be responsible for will be utilized by Flexport & our technology / logistics partners to standardize & simplify the complexities inherent in global trade.
Flexport is seeking an experienced Engineering Vice President, who has the ability to dive deep into the complexities of each domain, maintain a wide perspective, while building a culture of excellence, innovation, ownership & learning for each group. Each group contributes to the Flexport Mission in distinct & meaningful ways, so the ideal person will bring breadth of experience building a data-driven platform & API-based products. This is an opportunity to help shape & accelerate the vision of Flexport, uniting the world in a seamless web of global trade.
- Scale a rapidly growing organization by defining clear culture, attracting the best talent, & delivering software solutions with high technical quality & reliability
- Partner with your peers to drive the Platform Products Strategy
- Mentor & coach managers to create healthy execution-focused teams
- Build strong relationships with business & technology leaders
- Advocate & communicate the vision of Flexport & Flexport Platform with customers & engineers
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 15+ years leading Engineering teams with a strong track record
- Experience with technical innovation in a cross-functional engineering environment
- Experience motivating, mentoring, managing & scaling B2B Enterprise engineering teams through periods of rapid change
- Proven record for scaling global teams from 50 to 150+ engineers
- Passion & hands on Engineering Leadership experience related to B2B technology, products, platforms & continued technology learning & improvement
- Strong track record of delivering on objectives at scale & empowering teams to make quality decisions
- Building, maintaining & running complex & scalable microservice based enterprise systems
- Strong communication skills to customers, stakeholders & especially engineering teams
- Ability to drive & communicate technical strategy across all levels
- Bring a collaborative approach to building products with cross functional peers & dependent product teams, across organizational boundaries
- Ability to Deep Dive technically, while keeping a broad perspective
- Experience managing teams across multiple geographies, including the US, Asia & Europe
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.