Flashpoint delivers Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower organizations worldwide with meaningful intelligence & information that combats threats & adversaries. The companys sophisticated technology, advanced data collections, & human-powered analysis uniquely enables large enterprises & the public sector to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats & build insider threat programs, enhance corporate & physical security, improve executive protection, & address vendor risk & supply chain integrity. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Malware Researcher to join our Intelligence team to identify cyber threats, dissect code, & reverse engineer malware. You will operate semi-autonomously to conduct research & produce concise, written analysis & visual presentation of findings. This person will also work with our clients to provide innovative detection & eradication solutions to reduce risk to client networks & operations.
In addition to technical expertise, to be successful in this role were looking for passionate self starters who can quickly understand & deliver on company & customer requirements.
What you will do:
- Examine malicious software to identify new techniques & exploit targets on behalf of client intelligence needs
- Document attack capabilities, understand its propagation characteristics, & define signatures for detection
- Operate semi-autonomously to conduct collection, create solutions & support intelligence production per the standard operating procedures, with minimal guidance from your supervisors
- Analyze malware to determine its attack techniques & targets
- Develop Indicators of compromise to protect client networks
- Engage security community to assist in proactive disruption of malicious infrastructure affecting client operations
- Write high quality tactical & strategic assessments to inform BRI decision making process
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience conducting dynamic & static analysis of malicious software
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in systems development
- Experience refining source information & raw data into intelligence products
- Experience tracking advanced cyber threat groups & developing systems & tools to track their activities & collect artifacts from identified sources
- Strong understanding of common categories of malware & characteristics of each
- Strong familiarity with mitigation strategies such as Snort & YARA signatures
- Knowledge of malware packers, obfuscation techniques, & exploit kits
- Deep understanding of operating systems internals & the Windows API
What else would be great:
- Ability speak foreign languages
- GCIH, GPEN, or equivalent advanced security certification is a plus
- Ability to reverse & write custom malware unpackers
- Ability to oversee & lead malware projects
What we will provide:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, & role responsibilities. Additional perks include health & welfare benefits, 401K, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, cool cultural initiatives & employee events.