We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities & cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
In this role you will -
- Build scalable, performant, reusable & testable components
- Research new technology, build prototypes, & write clean, maintainable code
- Work closely with product owner & product designer to review requirements & designs & break down work
- Support & solve issues (process & system), identify root cause, & actively implement balanced corrective actions
- Work with team to influence technology direction.
- Use full stack with consumer grade UX/UI solutions & practices to engage & delight our internal platform users.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture & web application/services/mobile development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing, & operational issues
- Able to drive sprints / multiple sprints given strategic direction
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate with technical & non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of Cloud technologies (K8s, ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc. a plus)
- Experience with Docker (nice to have)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required (MS is a plus).
- Minimum 2+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms & programming languages)
- At least two years worth of experience in most of the following areas:
- Service oriented architecture, web services, & web application/services development
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOA/OOD) & Design Patterns
- Messaging & asynchronous architectures,building RESTful APIs & micro-services
- Developing distributed/scalable solutions, in multi-threaded, high-volume transaction systems
- Performance tradeoffs, load balancing, & operational issues (latency & availability)
- Java, PHP, Kotlin, REST, Ruby, Spring, SQL, ReactJS or similar web frameworks