Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Associate Manager, Community, in New York, NY, to join our Brand Marketing team. Reporting to the Manager, Community, this role will be 100% remote through January 2022 while a flexible return to work/work from pre-approved locations program is currently being developed.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate has experience in community building & engagement, with a passion for insights, the start-up world, & all things social media. This individual will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class community engagement & managing customer relationships through our social media platforms.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand, leading community engagement & outreach across Aways social channels, & the larger travel community across platforms, to build long lasting relationships & brand loyalty
- Own Community Team contributions to marketing initiatives & programs in collaboration with cross-functional partners & Manager
- Define our voice & tone in partnership with Brand & CX partners, owning Community comms & macro creation
- Recommend new tests to launch disruptive social activations & initiatives, tapping into community feedback & consumer trends to plan
- Lead Community initiatives & projects, both existing & new, from planning to execution
- Capture community insights to inform our social strategy, & work across marketing, tech, design, & product teams to improve the overall consumer experience
- Maintain an awareness of social media trends, best practices, & platform developments, with a special focus in travel
Who you are:
- Have 3-4 years experience working at a brand or agency in social media, or community engagement
- Social media obsessedyou live & breath social
- Natural & friendly conversationalist who is excited to engage with our incredibly active community
- Passionate about customer experience & fostering community
- Creative problem solver
- Must be available to work weekends during busy periods (Holidays)
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire