PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic BigData Engineering team is responsible for building highly scalable & robust platform to process terabytes of data & provide valuable reporting insights to customers. We are looking for Senior Software Engineer who can design & develop highly scalable & robust applications for our Analytics platform.PubMatic Analytics solution provides customers with real-time analytics, in-depth custom reports, data visualization controls & revenue metrics.
- Build, design & implement our highly scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available big data platform to processterabytesof dataand provide customers with in-depth analytics.
- DevelopingBig Datapipelines using modern technology stack such asSpark, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Presto etc.
- Developinganalyticsapplication ground up using modern technology stack such asJava, Spring, Tomcat, Jenkins, REST APIs,JDBC, Amazon Web Services, Hibernate;
- Building data pipelinetoautomate high-volumedatacollection & processing to providereal-time data analytics.
- Customize PubMatic'sreporting & analyticsplatformbased on customer'srequirementsfrom customers & deliverscalable, production-ready solutions.
- Lead multiple projects todevelop features for data processing & reporting platform, collaborate with Product managers, cross-functional teams, other stakeholders & ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Use various mechanisms established tofetch data fromdifferent external data sourcesand reconcilethemwith PubMatic'sprocessed data;
- Collaborate with functional teams to build products todeliver end-to-end products & features & fix bugs for better performance
- Develop robust& fault-tolerantsystemsandmonitor implications of changesondata processing pipeline & performance;
- Leveraginga broad range of PubMatic's data architecture strategies & proposing both data flows & storage solutions;
- ManagingHadoopMap Reduce & Spark Jobs&solving any ongoing issues with operating the cluster;
- Working closely with cross functional teams onimproving availability & scalability oflargedata platform & functionality of PubMatic software
- Expertisein developingImplementation of professionalsoftwareengineering best practices for the fullsoftwaredevelopment life cycle, including coding standards, performing code reviews, committing to Github, preparing documents in Confluence, continuous delivery using Jenkins, automated testing, & operations.
- Participate inAgile/Scrum processessuch as Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog grooming, User story management, work item prioritization, etc.
- Frequently discuss with Product Managers about the software features to include in PubMatic Data Analytics Platform. Understand the technical aspects customer requirement from Product Managers.
- Keep in regular touch withqualityengineeringteam whichensurethe quality of the platforms/products & performance SLAsof Java based microservices & Spark based data pipeline.
- Support customer issuesover emailorJIRA(bug tracking system),provide updates, patches to customers to fix the issues.
- Discuss with Technical Writing teamabout the technical documents that are publishedon documentation portal.
- Perform codeand design reviews for code implemented by peers or as per the code review process.
- 3+ years coding experience in Java,
- Solidcomputer sciencefundamentals including data structure & algorithm design, & creation of architectural specifications.
- Expertise in developing Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, & operations.
- A passion for developing & maintaining a high-quality code & test base, & enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Expertise in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase etc would be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing & delivering large scale big data pipelines, real-time systems & data warehouses would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative & fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly & independently.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills & a desire to work collaboratively.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.