Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOULL DO
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist, Team Lead in our New York Office office, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers & will directly manage a local team of Support Specialists during West Coast Standard Business Hours of 12:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern. Your role will have two main components: handling & resolving support tickets & managing a growing team of support specialists.
Handling & Resolving Support Tickets
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, & build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. You will work in coordination with your Global Technical Support Leadership & teammates to ensure our customers are able to quickly & successfully overcome any technical issues they may face when using our platform. Youll also regularly contribute to our knowledge database, helping to pay it forward allowing teammates & customers to learn quickly from your insight. Want to learn & grow in the role? Perfect! We will give you plenty of opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our platform & will challenge you with stretch projects that will help you learn about coding, marketing automation, & mobile ecosystems.
Managing the Team
You will be directly managing a small, but growing team of support representatives in the NY office, with plans to hire additional team members as our business continues to grow. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, performance management, & ongoing coaching of employees to deliver exceptional performance. Youll also focus on planning, assigning, & directing their daily work activities. A big part of your role will be to help implement our global processes across the team to ensure world-class support to our customers. Youll also take responsibility & pride in helping to grow & develop the amazing support team members across the region. You will act as the regional escalation manager for critical issues, ensuring they get resolved quickly & successfully through a coordinated, process-driven approach.
WHO YOU ARE
You have previous team lead experience or have directly managed a team. People say youre a great communicator & top-tier problem solver! You have exemplary written & verbal communication skills with unparalleled follow-up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, & youre there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better & youre all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers & you know that even though the job isnt easy, youre making a difference each & every day. Youre naturally curious & you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- Experience directly managing a team in a managerial or Team Lead capacity
- Management experience with all facets of the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, coaching, performance management, offboarding.
- 5-6 years experience supporting a technical product, ideally in SaaS or Mobile
- Excellent communication skills & customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an on call after-hours rotation team
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Working knowledge of Case Management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas & communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Bonus Points:
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is Exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.