Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the worlds best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial & social returns to alumni, institutional & private investors.
This borderless & innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 130 countries.
Our team of over 160 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe & Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse & Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced Partnership Manager who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact & reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 130 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the worlds top universities & schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. Youll gain as much accountability as you can handle & have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international & very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in London or New York.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams & cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential & creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement & learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions & partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility & flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed & friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business & experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow & develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by top VCs, learn day-to-day management & build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
Business development (BD) means different things at different companies. Here at Prodigy Finance, the Channel Partnership Manager will be responsible for executing & managing B2B relationships that create awareness & acquisition opportunities for our international student loan products; & further extending our presence in the ecosystem of the universities with whom we partner.
Reporting to the Head of Channels & Demand, the Partnership Manager will manage existing partnerships that strengthen our relationships with 200 of the worlds leading universities. The Partnership Manager will also source new partnerships that generate new loan applications amongst our target international students.
You will work closely with our Product & BD teams to understand market dynamics & our overall strategy so as identify market opportunities that Prodigy Finance is uniquely positioned to exploit. This role will see you play an impactful role in how we expand our market presence through partner relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage existing partnerships to defined KPIs including quarterly business reviews & other joint goal measurement activities
- Work with the BD team to specifically segment the international graduate student loan market so as to identify B2B relationships that will accelerate our business goals
- Work with our Channels team to identify, execute & manager partnership opportunities that enable us to create more value for our university partners
- Support our Product teams as a commercial resource to help execute B2B partnerships that support our product roadmaps
- Execute B2B partnerships with other companies that generates demand for our international student loan products
What you will be measured on
- The Channel Partnership Manager will be measured on the success of the partnerships she/he manages & their impact on the Prodigy Finance business to be assessed against:
- KPIs associated with each partnership including but not limited to overall loan volume, number of borrowers
- Loan volume, number of borrowers per university associated with supported partnerships
- Leads & application volumes generated from partnerships
- Insight & commercial value provided in support of product related partnerships
What you need to be great at
- Personal stature, gravitas, a relationship builder; influencer; excellent communication & interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups
- Deal making. Ability to identify, articulate & persuade counter-parties of win opportunities;
- Excellent critical judgment; able to make good decisions, be trusted, respected & dependable, be proactive & responsive, ask the right questions, raise flags at the right time, able to prioritise & plan workloads for the team
- Insight. Developing a feel for the international graduate student loan marketing, the needs of universities supporting international students & how to translate that into opportunity for Prodigy Finance
- Analytical thinking capability; logical, systematic, strategic & pragmatic
- Strong attention to detail; both quantitative & qualitative; can process large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Able to learn new concepts & business issues quickly
- Bias to action; create ideas, think outside the box
- Problem-solver & solution finder, proactive, use initiative to develop & improve
- Structured in an unstructured environment; highly organised, ability to multi-task & project manage. Can correctly prioritise multiple issues, opportunities & creates structure, systems & processes from scratch
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Degree in business or equivalent
- 3 5 years business experience gained within a highly reputable technology or financial services company
- Demonstrable experience in sales or BD with evidence of successful stakeholder management & relationship building
- Experience working with Tech, Product & BD teams to understand market requirements & support partnerships
- Understanding of user journeys, customer journeys & customer experience, particularly within the context of financial services
Experience that would be nice to have (but well trade off if everything else fits)
- MBA qualification desirable
- Ideally experience gained within a consumer lending environment
- Experience working with a global customer base
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative & be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value & then hold yourself accountable. Encourage & celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy & fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard & find the time to play. Were in this together.
Do you want to be our next Channel Partnerships Manager? Heres what to do now:
If this sounds exciting & you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below & tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.