Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries.
The purpose of the Transportation & Customs Associate role is to ensure adherence to customs regulations for international trade activities. To ensure the seamless flow of import, export & cross border products of Moda Operandi. Provide accurate product classifications, valuation & customs broker management.
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the countries Moda does business in accordance with organizational policy & procedure, & in compliance with relevant local, country & international law & process.
- Work closely with external parties, such as Customs Brokers, Carriers, Freight Forwarders & suppliers to drive continuous improvement & to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Facilitate Air Freight bookings, Shipper's Letter of Instructions (SLI), non-systematic invoice creation
- Solicit Air Freight & Ocean quotations for non-typical lanes via Moda approved NVOCC/Freight Forwarders
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping Import/Export & due diligence in accordance with all governing regulatory requirements.
- Manage all compliance import/export responsibilities, including Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, Restricted Party Screening & Sanctioned Countries.
- Monitor & resolve carrier issues related to US door delivery, container space & allocations
- Audit Freight Invoices & facilitate dispute resolution
- Facilitate resolution of supply chain disruptions related to Customs or other government agencies requirements
- 3+ years of Export - Import compliance experience required
- Active Licensed Customs Broker preferred
- In-Depth Knowledge of International import/export transportation, including documentation.
- Technical expertise of Export/Import management including: classification, prohibited party screening, routed transactions, valuation, landed cost, country of origin, duties, protests, liquidations, reconciliations, USMCA, free trade agreements, anti-boycott language, AES, Entry Documents, Commercial Invoices & Country of Origin
- Solid computer skills
- Proficiency in Oracle, SAP & Trade Management Software preferred
- Ability to work under pressure & meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks & assignments simultaneously
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
Benefits of Joining Moda Operandi:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Currently Work From Home
- Flexible Fridays during Summer
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Mental Health support
- Employee discounts