KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
The role of the Apollo UI/UX designer integrates a wide range of Business Analysis, User Research, Wireframing, UI Design, & User Testing skills. The UI/UX designer needs to cover this full range of skills, but there will be a concentration in the areas of Information Architecture, Wireframing, & Interaction Design. Additionally, while not part of the primary UX skillset, basic visual design skills are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand business objectives
- Efficiently perform user research & be creative in documenting & filling in the gaps
- Work with the Product Manager to derive, document & prioritize user stories easily consumed by development, & testing personnel
- Create compelling interaction designs that address use-cases using low & medium-fidelity wireframes & other forms of documentation to drive an agile software development process.
- Testing & validation of interaction designs
- Usability testing of completed implementations
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of professional UX design experience. Experience with database-driven web & desktop applications is a plus.
- Ability to research, understand, & present complex problems by combining personal experience, research into a problem domain, & interviews with subject matter experts
- Work as part of a team using an agile software development process to find the best solution based on user needs, technical capabilities, & resources available
- Expertise in one of the following tools: Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, InVision
Preferred Skills & Experience
- UX Design experience targeting Web, Desktop & touch-based application interfaces
- Experience extracting critical path workflows & deriving use-cases & user stories
- Exposure to a 3D design tool such as Autodesk Revit, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros 3D, Chief Architect, SketchUp, or other 3D modeling environments
- Productive in the use of tools such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.