What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
We are looking for a Data Engineer with solid experience of the marketing industry & digital advertising platforms. You will be responsible for expanding & improving our data pipelines, in order to optimise data flow & collection for our Marketing team. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder & data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems & building them from the ground up to support digital marketing efforts. We believe in tested automation of pipelines. The members of our team should not only be agile in producing the data pipelines, but able to test those pipelines to ensure a robust & stable platform, without data leakage & with understanding of the ultimate expected outcome & how it may affect sales targets & revenue. You will report to the Director of Data Engineering.
Read more about our initiatives here.
What you'll do:
- Create & maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture that will drive our Digital Marketing strategy.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements related to Digital Marketing.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with Product Engineering to create, manage, & enforce digital analytics tagging standards to ensure robust & consistent data is captured for analysis.
- Ensure data is properly defined, received, transformed, optimised & made accessible for analysts, data scientists & marketeers to perform their work.
- Define & manage a testing automation plan for digital analytics.
- Ensure privacy regulations are adhered to.
- Create data tools for analytics & data scientist team members which assist them in building & optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data & analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 4 years of experience in engineering (with at least 2 in a Data Engineering role).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital marketing analytics space.
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Adsense, Adwords, etc.
- Proficiency with tag management systems & web analytics platforms
- Advanced working SQL knowledge & experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala or Python using Spark or similar technologies.
- Experience building & optimising big data data pipelines, architectures & data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal & external data & processes to answer specific business questions & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience of building processes to support data transformation & data structures.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing & extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, & highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management & organizational skills.
- Experience supporting & working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with AWS (what we use) or other cloud based platforms, with a desire to learn AWS.
- Experience with (one or more) Hadoop, Spark, Kafka would be particularly beneficial.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.