Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Recruiter to support in executing a best in class recruiting strategy & process for various teams within the organization. In this exciting role you will build & maintain proactive partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their department structure, key initiatives & projects, evaluate talent needs, & contribute ideas, solutions & tools.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with hiring managers & own all aspects of recruiting process: defining jobs & specs, sourcing, screening, running the recruiting process, negotiating & closing
- Develop a pipeline of active & passive candidates
- Become quickly immersed into the culture & business needs of Rent the Runway, building relationships with key leaders in order to understand the candidate profile that will be the most successful at Rent the Runway
- Own special projects as they arise, offering unique opportunities for leadership development & growth, such as campus recruiting, assessment of new recruiting services / technologies, creating & implementing development & rotational programs, cross functional projects, etc.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness, understanding the startup, tech, & fashion/retail landscape to keep tabs on emerging & transitioning businesses, industry news, competitive analysis, etc.
- 2+ years of full cycle recruiting experience & a track record of hiring exceptionally talented people
- Startup or entrepreneurial company experience preferred
- Demonstrated success implementing innovative ways to attract & retain candidates
- Self-confident, self-motivated & highly-organized with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation & negotiation skills
- Proficiency using ATS systems & sourcing tools
- Passionate about ensuring that each candidate who interviews at Rent the Runway has a unique & positive experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.