Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about crafting authentic & inspiring brand experiences.
The DigitalOcean brand is loved & trusted by millions of developers around the world. We are looking for a Senior Designer to report into our Creative Director to help us deepen our connection to this audience & expand the appeal of the DO brand to SMBs, technical startup founders & other entrepreneurs.
What Youll Be Doing:
As Senior Designer on the brand creative team, you will use DOs strong aesthetic tradition as a starting point to build ever more visionary, delightful, useful & relevant experiences. As Senior Designer, you will take an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members, provide art direction to other designers, & work with program managers & other team members to plan & execute creative in a way that answers the needs of the business. You will embrace a full spectrum of project types & timelines, from well-planned large scale halo pieces to urgent churn-and-burn production work.
You are someone who actively influences your own development. Youre looking for a team where you have the opportunity to grow & seek out new ways to contribute to your field, your colleagues, the company & its mission.
What Well Expect From You:
- Extensive experience or proven maturity in designing brand systems for products & services
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter in multi-dimensional experiences for web, print, motion & environmental
- Jedi skills with relevant design software & proof of continuous learning & a desire to adopt new tools
- Proven track record of proactive problem solving in ambiguous situations or challenging circumstances
- Broad knowledge of how content & layout translate to effective communication
- Fastidious & efficient production & optimization habits
- Strong ability to work with clients, marketers, executives, & fellow creatives
- Self-motivation, excellent & effective communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, & the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Potential or experience leading complex projects & teams
- A love of collaboration & learning & a fearless & positive attitude
Qualified candidates must present a portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for brand, experiences, products, services & content
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, & balances beauty, innovation & usability
- Has thoughtful examples which convincingly explain abstract concepts
- Shows experience with diverse content & subject matter
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!