About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be a diverse, profitable, high-growth business, with 9 million loyal members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to redefine our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
About this Role:
We are looking for a software engineer with server-side development experience to work on our core RESTful services. Our engineering team uses a service-oriented architecture to power our mobile app, our website, & our warehouse technology. In this role you will work on both new product features & technical infrastructure as we believe in building for the future to enable performance & scaling. Youll be part of the team that owns our rapidly evolving reservation system, & with it our customer promise.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment on one of the most diverse tech teams in the world (Ranked 19 by Dear Tech People)
- Develop clean, testable, scalable systems using Java, Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Splunk, New Relic & a variety of other open-source technologies
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Find architectural improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic & order volumes
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Mentor & learn from your teammates & foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or 5+ years of programming experience with a compiled language like Java, C#, C++
- Youve shipped multiple large software projects & learned from the experiences
- Able to learn new tools & technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time & juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extensive Java chops or any prior Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, MySQL are a plus
- Curious AND has a sense of humor