We believe Solutions Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customers development lifecycle & are experienced using presentations, email, phone & social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, & educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Oktas Solutions Engineers empathize with customers & quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed & clarifying questions & presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness & business insight & youre looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta's Identity Platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with account executives to develop & execute territory & account strategies to maximize the Okta opportunity in those accounts
- Conduct research & discovery to understand a customers requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare & deliver demos to showcase how the Okta platform meets customer's business needs & use cases
- Distill & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales
- 3+ years pre-sales/developer engineering experience
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally solutions engineering
- An ability to quickly & effectively communicate complex technical concepts via presentation, slides & whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled & experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.