Data is a big deal at Index Exchange - our advertising exchange handles billions of auctions & generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information every day. We're looking for a Hadoop Administrator to join IX & work with on our DevOps team to manage & tune our multiple Big Data clusters. Working closely with the Data team & operating on the cutting edge of exciting technology, youre afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools & attempt radically different approaches than traditional software development affords. Were looking for an Engineer who has worked well in Agile environments & who can drive innovation & experimentation.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres what we want:
- Problem Solver: You need to be someone who is curious & loves taking multiple approaches to solving a problem to find the most efficient, scalable solution
- Collaborative: We need someone who can work well with other people - both your immediate team as well as all the other departments across Index
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data & an interest in the latest trends & developments is key for success in this role
Heres what youll be doing:
- Tuning & tweaking the clusters for optimum performance & balance - we've got hundreds of nodes spread across a few different clusters
- Applying your understanding of DevOps methodologies & experience in infrastructure deployment/deployment automation using Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Use scripting languages like Python, Bash, & Perl to create automation tools
- Working with Big Data tools & building high performance, high throughput, & distributed data pipeline & big data platform with Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Yarn, Oozie, MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Utilizing advanced Linux knowledge to finely tune servers
- Other tech you'd leverage includes everything from Java to Elasticseach as well as multiple DBs (Influx, Hive, SQL, HBase)
Heres why youll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- A bright & inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.