Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are looking for a Senior Manager of HR Operations to join our growing Human's team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, building out & improving the core HR Operations infrastructure at The Farmers Dog. A successful candidate will partner across the company to deliver operational excellence in HR programs, own the PEO relationship & oversee multi-location compliance, & ensure that we have the right policies & processes in place to support our employees & company now & through our future growth. Reporting to the Director of Humans, this role will have a company-wide footprint & will strongly & regularly collaborate with the HR function, Finance, & managers & employees throughout The Farmer's Dog.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Strategize, plan, & execute on the current needs within the HR Operations vertical & plan for evolving processes as we scale.
- Lead your direct reports & grow them to excel within their roles while keeping career paths & strengths in mind
- Provide excellent support to employees on all things HR Ops-related, using the same lens (and love) with which we treat our external customers.
- Be responsible for the delivery & effectiveness of core HR Processes across all employee life-cycle activities, including: compliance, policy implementation & management, immigration, payroll, benefits, & compensation records.
- Own the development, implementation & evolution of core programs in the employee lifecycle for seamless onboarding, offboarding, employee changes; & provide operational support for compensation, performance, & recruiting.
- Lead the evolution of all employee systems of record, including accurately & confidentially maintaining data & implementing new systems as needed, including: HRIS & Payroll.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state & federal labor & employment laws & regulations.
- Directly & indirectly support the hiring & development of other Humans team employees.
- Project manage & implement various initiatives which include HR system changes & process changes to support TFD rapid growth.
We're Excited About You Because
- You go out of your way to ensure employees feel supported & heard, you bring positive energy & a can-do mentality to every employee & situation -- especially in touch points throughout the employee lifecycle.
- You believe problems are treasures & are open to innovative approaches, solving problems from first principles.
- You can fly at 30,000 feet in crafting long-term total rewards & compliance strategies one minute & then direct on the runway to help get things done in the next.
- You have exceptional decision quality, & you have the experience & wisdom to deeply understand compliance & risk & make mitigating decisions that keep the business moving & growing.
- You thrive when multiple plates are spinning & you're able to organize & set direction for your team to keep building toward scale.
- You have 8+ years in HR operations with 2+ years of leading operationally-focused HR teams.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug