Flamingo is looking for a strategic leader to take on the role of Head of Direct to Consumer overseeing the end-to-end strategy & execution of the DTC business, including building shopflamingo.com into a primary bodycare destination for women. We have big ambitions for our DTC business & are looking for a leader who will set the vision & strategy to achieve these goals.
You will deeply understand our experience & customer journey to own the development & execution of a strategic roadmap tied to business outcomes like revenue & retention as well as brand goals like NPS, brand health metrics, & build toward our ultimate goal of being a womens bodycare destination.
This role will be part of the Flamingo core leadership team & reports directly to the Flamingo GM. You will own growth marketing (acquisition & retention) & web product & guide the strategic roadmap for engineering, analytics & digital creative. The ideal candidate is a great coach, leader, collaborator & culture carrier.
What you will accomplish:
- Oversee the DTC business for Flamingo -- youll be responsible for the P&L of the shopflamingo.com business & own the strategic vision & roadmap from acquisition to retention to advocacy.
- Develop & lead the implementation of Flamingos long term DTC strategy & customer facing experience (acquisition, web, CRM).
- Own acquisition marketing, developing & scaling channels quickly & efficiently to drive new customer growth. Lead the team to develop smart channel, creative & digital experience tactics.
- Lead digital product initiatives & engineering priorities by setting a clear roadmap & guiding the team in customer-centric execution
- Own the strategy for how best to leverage our growth marketing & web experiences to enhance the DTC business, as well as support the retail portion of the business.
- Own budgeting & forecasting for the DTC portion of the business
- Manage, coach & develop the DTC team, including channel managers (digital & offline) & digital product manager & own the future DTC org build out.
- Work in lockstep with brand & creative leaders to ensure the Flamingo brand is brought to life in a thoughtful & compelling way on DTC
- Partner & guide x-functional team roadmaps to support the DTC business (digital design/creative, analytics, engineering, S&OP)
- Partner across the broader Flamingo & Harrys Inc org to drive cross functional initiatives & represent Flamingo in digital cross-brand efforts (e.g., quarterly Harrys platform prioritization, holiday planning, new digital channels)
- Play an active role as a leader within the Flamingo leadership team
This should describe you:
- A strong business thinker who thrives in scaling businesses efficiently & effectively, taking real ownership & accountability over their work & results
- Proven digital marketing leader who understands & has worked across the full DTC marketing funnel, including acquisition experience
- ~10 years of work experience, with at least 5+ years in eCommerce
- Customer centric. Someone who puts the customer at the core of their strategy & invests in creating great experiences that reinforce the bigger mission of the business
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information & very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand
- A highly organized doer with an exceptional ability to multitask, who will take initiative & execute & thrives on developing structure around something new
- An empathetic leader that enjoys coaching & supporting their teams development
- A natural collaborator. Someone with a passion for working collaboratively & cross-functionally with other teams
- Experience working with in house digital product, design & engineering teams
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves & get things done
- General awesomeness & a sense of humor
With well-designed products & honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 starting with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face & body, shave gel, body lotion, & Mons Mist.
With over 1 million razors sold in the first 6 months & 63% of wax kit purchasers having never waxed at home before, we have brought a fresh voice & set of options to the space. Additionally, our products & campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major beauty accolades like Allures Best in Beauty & Selfs Healthy Beauty awards.
Were committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies & de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale & PERIOD.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.