Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
The RTR One Stop Swap Associate will be responsible for the overall management & execution of Rent the Runways mobile drop-off & pick-up experience truck in New York City. This position requires someone who can problem solve in the moment & work with all cross functional internal teams to deliver a first in class customer experience.
What Youll Do:
- You will utilize a company vehicle & be responsible to follow all NYC / DOT parking regulations to ensure that the van is parked in a safe & legal parking spot on a daily basis.
- You will interact with customers, accept customer returns & safely transport all items to the NYC Flagship (30 W 15th St) store, all on a daily basis.
- You will assist customers with questions, troubleshoot return issues, & control queues & wait times during peak hours in order to provide customers with first in class customer service.
- You will work at the NYC Flagship store to support the Dropbox team when One Stop Swap van is not in service (i.e., unloading of all garment bags, units & accessories).
- You will communicate your location to the social media & brand marketing teams on a daily / weekly basis (e.g., arrivals, departures, & traffic or delay issues in between)
- You will ensure cleanliness & care of vehicle including immediate maintenance reporting; (e.g., issues with brakes, lights, tires, wipers); complete maintenance work orders & deliver to Team Lead/ Manager in a timely manner.
- You have a valid US Drivers License & a driving record free of accidents, moving violations, major violations & points.
- You are able to operate an RTR-owned sprinter van in compliance with New Jersey & New York City Motor Vehicle laws & are willing to drive in all weather & traffic conditions.
- You have open availability to work shifts & hours based on business needs, including a rotating weekend shift including Saturday, Sunday & holidays.
- You have a general knowledge of GPS & New York City Metro area.
- You are skilled at multitasking, managing priorities & operating with a sense of urgency.
- You have strong verbal communication skills.
- You demonstrate a safe attitude in all facets of work, following all safety rules & regulations & reporting any safety or traffic accidents immediately.
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Bonus points for prior Retail and/or Customer Service experience!
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.