--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You will be the 'go to' for all things data & thrive in entrepreneurial environment where you are comfortable dealing with ambiguity while having the opportunity to review & improve existing processes & reporting. Youre able to keep the business well informed with key trends in the market, leading to informed commercial business decisions. You also enjoy collaborating with various colleagues across the organization to ensure connectivity & the highest of standards when it comes to reporting & data governance.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis & the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers & help inform, influence, support, & execute our talent decisions
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, & recommending solutions
- Develop, test & validate dashboards for various business partners & leaders
- Support new system implementations from discovery to launch
- Provide ad-hoc or special project data analysis to business leaders that enable them to achieve their goals, drive decision making & create new strategies where necessary
- Stand up, socialize & ensure consistency around data hierarchy, definitions etc., & maintain consistent & accurate data in our systems including historical data.
- Document & implement data workflows, process maps, etc. as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment & discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- Expert level experience in data visualization tools & Excel (complex formulas, pivots, macros, etc.)
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust & fostering collaboration
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under pressure
- Gatekeeper of our data ensuring the highest levels of integrity
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics & knowledge of statistical significance), quantitative research, & experience gathering & interpreting data
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, & other people analytics)
- Experience with Salesforce reporting to support the build out of our reporting & dashboards in IRIS system.
- Preferred experience working with compensation supporting survey participation & DEI compensation analysis
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.