Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. Our clients include everyone from many of the Fortune 500 companies, to government agencies, to small- & medium-sized businesses. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Finance Department is looking for a Financial Analyst ready to join the NYC team in a fast-paced startup environment. In this role, you will be a part of a team that manages the full P&L to drive key business decisions. This role will challenge you & has great visibility with interactions with senior management & various teams across General Assembly.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Collaborate with FP&A Director, accounting, campus operations, & the financial metrics teams to consolidate, report, & analyze revenue
- Create & maintain standardized & ad hoc financial schedules & reports, utilizing Adaptive Planning & other financial systems
- Develop & implement new processes & procedures for enhanced reporting of key business drivers
- Assist in the creation of our monthly financial deliverables
- Other projects, as needed
Attributes & Skills:
- Impressive attention to detail, all the time, every time.
- Strong mathematical skills & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Self-starter with the ability to set & keep deadlines & commitments.
- Empathy, patience & the ability to help people with questions warm, clear communicator in person & electronically.
- Passion to help GA maintain its position as one of NYCs most attractive startups & to help new teams globally replicate this in other cities.
- Systems & digitally savvy in all approaches to connecting people & building programs.
- Highly flexible & willing to pinch-hit in any other Finance area necessary as we grow.
- Intellectual curiosity & enjoy working as part of a small team environment.
- Experience in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred
- Working knowledge of Adaptive Planning, NetSuite a plus
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet applications & databases
- Must be organized, detail-oriented
- Must be able to present analysis & findings to executives & peers
- Must have strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload & meet deadlines quickly & accurately
- Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills