Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Great organizations are built on focus, cohesion, drive, & - of course - a winning product. At Simon, we've found a rapidly-expanding sweet spot in marketing software & are growing our team to take advantage of that opportunity.
The team at Simon is well-supported by a mature account development function, a progressive go-to-market process, best-in-class, hands-on client solutions team & a great customer base of savvy companies.
As a Sales Engineer, you'll be a key contributor to growing the top line in an essential new SaaS category at the intersection of data & marketing, backed by some of the best technologists in the world. This role will work cross-functionally with customers both pre- & post-sale as well as with our product function as the voice of our customer base.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Diagnose challenges at the intersection of data & marketing facing CMOs, CTOs & VP-level leaders at F1000s & high-growth companies
- Develop & deliver solutions architecture & product deployment against enterprise challenges, including client intake / assessment conversations, client workshops, business case formulation, & project planning
- Work closely with Simon Data founders, Sales Executives, Client Solutions Managers & Product Managers to help shape product vision & go-to-market strategy
- Participate in the commercialization strategy for a high-growth startup, backed by top investors
- Assist prospective customers as they perform technical due diligence while also performing the same due diligence on behalf of Simon to assess client fit
- Drive conversion of proof of concepts by assisting in presale solutioning & seeing the solution through implementation
- Convey the voice of customers to a product & engineering team that is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, teamwork, & supporting customer objectives
- 3-6+ years of data-driven marketing, sales engineering, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree a plus)
- Strong business acumen, ability to strategically partner with clients
- Experience thinking through complex data models & mapping business requirements to technical requirements & vice-a-versa
- SQL expertise or similar relevant programming languages
- Results-driven strategic thinker who is able to thrive in an unstructured & fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, curious & a problem solver
- Experience as a top performer in previous roles
- Superior emotional intelligence & communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb & understand the dynamic MarTech landscape (prior knowledge a plus)
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, & collaborate with & across teams
- Superior presentation skills & the ability to think on your feet
- Flexibility to travel for key meetings at your discretion
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.