At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Stores
Rent the Runway is pushing the boundaries of brick-and-mortar retail, offering a technology driven, customer-centric store experience designed to provide efficient & seamless service. Our stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory closet & last mile fulfillment, pick up & drop off centers, styling studios, & event & community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
About the Job
As the Visual Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for elevating & overseeing the visual presentation in an ever-changing retail environment. In this role you will lead & inspire a team by taking a hands on approach, & ultimately create an environment that is engaging to the customer, & in line with the RTR vision. No two days will be the same in this role; were looking for someone who has a strong understanding of style & trend, is customer focused, & adaptable to changing priorities. The Visual Merchandising Manager will report to the Store Leader, & will work closely with the Director of Visual Merchandising.
What You'll Do
Merchandising & Presentation:
- Responsible for setting the visual representation of the floor in line with RTR standards & brand messaging, reflective of trend, & inspiring to the customer.
- Coach & educate the team to effectively maintain standards, & uphold the integrity of the presentation.
- Lead & oversee in-store inventory management processes & operations; including product placement, replenishment, quality control, & store edits.
- Work with the allocation team & deliver meaningful feedback; communicating opportunities for inventory capacity management, inventory needs, & customer feedback.
- Be an expert on the RTR product assortment, current store stock availability, & any upcoming launches or brand initiatives.
Leadership & Communication:
- Lead by example; drive & promote an exceptional customer experience, demonstrating an enthusiastic & positive attitude while adhering to & upholding all company policies & procedures.
- Build product knowledge & enthusiasm, through ongoing training & development for the full store team.
- Coach & develop your team to adapt to an ever-evolving business through clearly set objectives & expectations, individual goal-setting, & meaningful feedback, fostering a culture of action & accountability.
- Be a leader & a role model, acting as the Manager on Duty on the sales floor when needed.
- Champion an environment of authentic customer connection by remaining highly focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences that are engaging, accommodating & personalized.
- Partner with the store leader to support local community events, partnerships & sample sales.
- Partner with store leadership to ensure all facilities are maintained & repaired in a timely manner to uphold a high standard of customer experience within the store.
- 7+ years experience in a fashion retail environment, preferably in a field visual merchandising function.
- Experience leading, coaching, & developing direct reports, & the proven ability to inspire & motivate a diverse retail team.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including proficiency with Excel & Google Docs
- Ability to analyze data & reporting from multiple sources to generate insight & inform operational decisions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be flexible & adaptable, & stay positive in an ever-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store, work while standing & walking & be able to lift approximately 40 lbs.
- Flexible schedule & ability to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week including nights & weekends
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need