Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands & innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, & is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies & development.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched & valuable ecosystem of data platform & data services that drive innovation for our partners & clients, within Visa & globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning & Big Data), systems & services to make data secure, rich, high quality, & fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development & differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business & external clients. The Data Platform Technical Production Management (TPM) team is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service (PaaS) & Data as a Service (DaaS). To do this, the Sr. TPM needs to understand the customer demand on data platform & deliver innovative, effective, reliable & scalable quality products & services. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management, Data Platform.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background inthe following areas:
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, feature engineering, model lifecycle management & deployment
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, large scale real time & batch processing
Candidates should be passionate, self-driven & resourceful, creative problem solvers with can-do attitude, ideally be a thought leader in above areas, very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organizational skills, written & verbal communication skills, be an analytical & structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management & software solution delivery. The position will be based in Visa's Palo Alto office.
- Be the CEO/CTO of the products you own
- Deeply understand the needs of data for Visa
- Drive requirements, strategy & end results for data collection, processing, publishing, & serving within Visa.
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, strive to contribute to Visa's IP portfolio
- Evaluate new product opportunities & bring forward proposals & influence to expand our product line
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in DP, keep it up to date & enforce
- Define products scope & prioritization & be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products & achieve high rating from customers
- Work with operation & engineering teams to ensure reliable operations & SLAs met or exceeded
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure on time high quality delivery
- Perform User Acceptance Testing & exceed requirements & user experience expectations
- Closely interact & partner with business & technology teams global
- BA/BSdegree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or arelated technical discipline.
- 3+ years of technical product management experience
- Team player, leave ego at the door
- Experiencedemonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation & accountability
- Strongtechnical experience in the above listed technical areas
- In-depth knowledge of the state of art industry development & open source projects in the relatedareas
- Proactive, can do attitude, self-driven, creative problem solver
- Passionfor the product you own, its impactand continuous improvements
- Strongproduct management experience
- Exceptionalcollaboration & partnership skills with the ability to work in a globalenvironment & drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstratedinterpersonal skills to interface well with clients & partners at alllevels
- Outstandingcommunications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-levelexecutives, product, & technical stakeholders
- Strongcustomer engagement & relationship management skills
- Fastlearner on both technical side & business side
- Morethan comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategicthinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawlessexecution
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.