Summary of Role
The Head of Learning & Development will be responsible for developing, monitoring, & measuring a curriculum to assist established journalists on YouTube further enhance their business model. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the news industry, the digital media landscape & an appreciation of the nuances in preserving the integrity of journalism ideals while also building sustainable news businesses.
- An extensive background in the business of journalism, preferably with a recent past in hybrid/remote education & the relevant best practices in developing an online curriculum.
- A proven track record in implementing and/or teaching digital media monetization (with emphasis on YouTube) strategy.
- Experience in developing & delivering education-centric accelerator programs to entrepreneurial business leaders, small businesses or startup founders
- Mindset & presentation skills are key to this role. Possessing the following traits are essential:
- An intellectual curiosity, & love of teaching
- An entrepreneurial approach to innovation, and
- An engaging, thoughtful presentation style
- Gathering & utilizing information
- Interview program participants & evaluate current financial status, business model, revenue, organizational management, & use of YouTube tools.
- Ingest & understand each participants goals & business objectives for the channel (including gap analysis, ie: biggest challenges & opportunities)
- Industry expertise in understanding the news ecosystem & digital trends in channel management & operational excellence
- Identify 2-3 subject matter experts that will be tasked with building & teaching the specific course assets that are identified as needed during the above processes. Potential for Head of Program to serve in this role as well.
- Course preparation & building
- Develop a program for an English-speaking cohort from AMER, EMEA & APAC regions while implementing the necessary tools & modes of delivery.
- Manage the coursework implementation which includes offline content for asynchronous learning, group sessions & 1:1 coaching sessions
- Assist the subject matter experts with ongoing coursework design, including developing templatized tools as resources
- Ensure that content is being created with region-specific & cultural customization
- Approximately two-three (2-3) months following the program completion, conduct a check-in with participants to measure their success to date.
- Evaluate progress on the participants business plans & financial health of their channel
- Receive feedback on the program to better understand how learnings were implemented
- End of program report documenting the participants experiences & outcomes, resources developed for the program, program learnings & recommendations for future Programs.
- Assist in building 3- 5 case studies of top growth participants