At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who is both an operator & strategist with experience with building & scaling businesses & operational teams in the field, driving real-world interactions with customers across multiple markets & regions. Additionally, you will have been influential scaling through a period of true growth, growing operational teams into hundreds.
A strong developer of people, you will have a non-stop builder mentality focused on motivating teams & individuals with opportunities to lead. You will also be known for fostering & strengthening relationships with remote teams & cross-functional partners across locations.
- Demonstrate the ability & drive to grow revenue & profitability by guiding in-market operations to help Lyft achieve its overall ridesharing growth goals in a highly competitive industry
- Conceive, plan, & execute programs that will improve urban transportation by blending new technologies with advanced operational excellence practices. Identify new ways to add additional value for Lyft & its partners
- Take initiative to contribute to & chase down multiple, sometimes unique, opportunities or deals to deliver a positive impact on the business
- Build the localized strategy for Lyft in the market, combining corporate capabilities to meet unique local & regional needs & opportunities
- Communicate a compelling vision of the future Lyft is working to create
- Develop a unified strategy & inspire the local team (operations, marketing, & business development) to achieve strategic goalsAct as an advocate for the team, the health of the business, & escalate issues that deserve attention
- Set clear expectations & hold team members accountable for results
- Prioritize the professional development of your team
- Influence peers & stakeholders across Growth, Policy, Product, Finance, Marketing, Enterprise, etc. by surfacing issues & suggesting solutions
- Utilize skills of influence with a diverse set of Lyft leaders & stakeholders to effectively advocate for market needs while aligning to company-wide programs
- Act as company spokesperson in interviews with media & work with our PR organization & external agencies
- Build & nurture relationships with government officials & our driver/rider local community, acting as both the advocate & expert for DC
- 10+ years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- Experienced in building, leading, & resourcing large-scale teams in the field, & committed to employee engagement, coaching, & career development of team members
- Personal passion for community; motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values
- Experience being highly collaborative with cross-functional stakeholders & manage large scale projects
- Comfortable leading within matrixed organizations, pulling in thought leaders from both internal & external sources to foster expertise for their teams
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels, internally & externally
- Entrepreneurial spirit -- You think outside of the box & are resourceful & fiscally responsible
- Operational & data-driven mindset, passionate about eliminating waste & creating efficiencies
- Experience working in local DC government or with local/provincial regulators is strongly desired
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.