New York, NY, Columbus, OH, Remote
WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan & millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, & then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (FEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics & relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly & don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
The role Procurement Manager is a critical part of meeting BARKs strategic mission of making all Dogs happy. In this role, you will support the procurement of international & domestic supply chains to best service our customers over multiple commercial options (Direct to Customer, e-commerce & Retail), working closely with internal teams to include: technology, sourcing, planning, finance, legal & downstream fulfilment teams. You will be responsible to build strong partnerships with external & internal partner teams to build supply chain & business solutions from source of supply to customer delivery. In this role, you will build strong foundational capabilities across the supply chain that provides a strong platform for future growth & development into new markets & business channels that allows BARK to scale & meet our strategic vision.
The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to navigate ambiguous challenges, have an ability to take ownership of complex topics, dive deep on all aspects of our supply chain data to understand the bigger picture for our customers & business. This is a management role with high visibility within BARKs senior leadership team, you must have excellent written & verbal communications, be comfortable presenting supply chain & business solutions in a customer & P&L data driven approach, sharp analytical approach to understanding/solving problems, & someone who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy & visibility.
Conceptualize, execute and/or enhance various sets of new & existing relationships with 3P Vendors, processes, segments and/or sub-categories throughout the lifecycle process of our supply chain to serve retail, direct to customer (DTC) & e-commerce channels and/or related business units/product categories by performing one or more of the following duties:
- Own strategic relationships with key vendors, negotiate competitive business terms, define & secure terms of business.
- Design & execute strategies for growing the size & lifetime value of the business relationships with key vendors by crafting Vendor Relationship Management strategies to target & communicate with each key vendor.
- Manage & expand portfolio(s) of 3P logistics providers, define long term strategy, conduct regular intensive business analysis & reporting, & manage projects working with internal technology teams to build a world class customer experience.
- Interact with international entities to ensure implementation of appropriate strategies to drive the business forward domestically & in each new country we enter.
- BA/BS degree & minimum 10 years of experience in supply chain, procurement experience & a strong understanding of international customs & tax.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing & developing international teams.
- Experience partnering effectively with geographically disperse internal & external teams.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills; proven ability to get results
- Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical & critical thinking abilities. Able to find & mine data to help make design strategy & road map decisions
- Leads by example, shows ownership & a strong bias for action, & holds people accountable to goals
- Strong project, product & resource management skills for highly complex business & technical initiatives
- Excellent business writing & communication skills to peers & senior leadership teams.
- Experience in MS Office suite of products (in particular word, excel)
- Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities, multi-cultural, matrixed environment.
- Data Analysis & Excel savvy to aid problem-solving & drive decisions
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York or Columbus, Ohio; or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.