BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The BuzzFeed Video Fellowship is a six-month program for the next generation of video producers eager to master the tools & techniques of the social web. Over the course of the program, you will learn BuzzFeeds process/voice/strategy for creating compelling, shareable short-form video content. This includes enhancing your production skills from conception to execution - brainstorming, writing, producing, shooting, editing, post-production, notes -- & exploring how & why people view & share videos through BuzzFeed, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter & other social sites.
You are a native of the digital & pop culture landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in emerging technology/platforms. You are obsessed with cultural meme propagation & devour the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about.
Fellows will work with & learn from members of the BuzzFeed Video team. This is the perfect fellowship for someone interested in pursuing a career in entertainment, new media or creative services, who is fascinated by the web, social networks, human psychology, pop culture, & the changing media landscape.
This is a full-time, paid with health benefits, six-month, cohort-experience based online.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Friday, January 15th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including the link to your sample video). The intended start date for this Fellowship is between mid-February & the beginning of March.
- Develop mastery of established BuzzFeed Video formats, styles, content generation methods, & production processes
- Conceive, write, shoot, edit & produce videos for BuzzFeed YouTube channels
- Work with senior producers to discover & create new recurring video formats to live on BuzzFeed, YouTube, & other video sharing services
- A genuine interest in what makes content shareable & viral
- 1-2 years of proven experience creating compelling, shareable video content
- Proficiency with DSLR cameras, basic sound/lighting equipment, & editing suites
- Adobe Creative Suite & on set experience a plus
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok (preferably YouTube, but not required)
- Ability to work in small teams & independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Ability to give & receive constructive criticism high emotional intelligence
- A competitive drive with a positive, curious & kind disposition (no haters)
- Experience in front of a camera appreciated, but not required
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.