KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRAs cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
The Senior Estimator is a self-directed person with excellent communication & technical skills combined with leadership expertise. The Senior Estimator is responsible for ensuring clear communication & coordination of detailed cost estimate & assumptions with the complete project team. Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, ability to coordinate & supervise group work effort, & provide leadership & coordination to multiple projects & project teams
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead in the development of detailed cost estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documents). This includes determining labor, material & equipment costs for all disciplines.
- Responsible for the accuracy & completion of a project cost estimate throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Responsible for the pricing from other internal KATERRA business units.
- Development & implementation of a holistic strategy for each project from concept to construction.
- Responsible for determining areas for self-perform trades, KATERRA material selection & areas for value engineering.
- Direct the management of a centralized cost estimating database & a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyze historical cost trends to forecast a projects budget at high levels.
- Ability to assess cost risks during a project lifecycle & communicate to responsible parties.
- Manage & lead a team, provide feedback, mentor & develop team members to achieve their potential.
- Assist in KPI development & achievement.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated & actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist KATERRA in cost reduction & process improvement efforts.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree or above in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business
- 4+ years of experience in the commercial construction industry, preferably in multi-family, senior living & hospitality.
- Knowledge & experience with Continuous Improvement & LEAN Construction methods.
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite, OnScreen Take-off, Jira.
- Builds high performance teams leveraging the skills & strengths of each person.
- Willing & able to make the tough decision to replace poor performers within appropriate time frames.
- Promotes positive climate in team activities. Assists team members in resolving disputes without undermining the team process.
- Organizes staff within team or project to provide for efficient operations, & to promote teamwork & growth & development of employees.
- Rotates job responsibilities & provides cross-training.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with aspirations for career growth.
- Ability to work in a team environment & initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Drive towards results, proactively identify risks & escalate effectively.
- Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills & can Effectively work & communicate across large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solver, & communicator.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.