Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners; well count on you to interact in a friendly & professional way. You will work with our customers & partners developers, architects & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our USA Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, & the development of web & mobile applications.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus & empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns & provide feedback.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software & telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors & communicate these to engineers & vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction & meeting SLA targets. Able to work standard USA working hours & a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Familiarity with SIP & IP Telephony protocols & the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations & time zones.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio & help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, & SIP trunks, as well as carrier & VOIP connections.
- Surface customer feedback to our Product Management & Engineering teams to identify & drive improvements in our voice products.
- BE AN OWNER: Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, & application code.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical & real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting & reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate & network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management & Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Twilios platform empowers the worlds developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.