KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Historic Preservation Architect
Lord Aeck Sargent is looking to expand our thriving Historic Preservation Practice Area in Atlanta. Our Historic Preservation Practice employs twelve preservation professionals including subject matter experts & an in-house conservationist. Our project portfolio includes a broad range of projects for the National Park Service, work on historic college campus buildings, public buildings, & house museums across the southeast region.
The ideal candidate for the mid-level position will be someone who has worked 5-8 years in an architectural firm with experience working on historic buildings. LAS is looking for a highly motivated architectural designer, who is passionate about preservation & able to work well with people at all levels of the firm. This individual should be actively pursuing or in possession of their architectural registration. A degree or certificate in historic preservation is a plus but not mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture
- Must have at least 5-10 years of experience in an architectural office environment & be able to demonstrate a portfolio of work which includes historic buildings.
- A Historic Preservation degree is not required but would be beneficial.
- Actively seeking Registration or Registered.
- Strong Revit & production skills
- Graphic communication skills to support a variety of presentation media: presentation drawings, marketing materials, feasibility studies, etc. Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign skills.
- Good computer skills & basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Skilled in research & analytical thinking to support the historic preservation design process.
- Possesses knowledge of historic materials & ability to assess conditions & develop preservation treatment recommendations.
- Self-motivated individual able to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Ability to manage time & deadlines, multi-task, delegate tasks, & interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change & motivated by innovation & new technologies
- Great collaborator & communicator excellent verbal & written skills are important
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results & performs well under pressure
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.