Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, & Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness & drives resolution to resolve & prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US & requires 30% domestic & possible international travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, & COQ trends & work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design & Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause & corrective actions.
- Support the launch of new products & lead the Early Field Failure Analysis process.
- Manage communication & documentation of Field Failure Analyses performed at Quality Lab. This includes categorizing issues, establishing metrics & tracking updates.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, & trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the US (including traveling to the site) & Asia teams to drive & close root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality.
- Define & optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses in coordination with the Data Analytics team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources & equipment & execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop & gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations & at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation & revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, & other parties.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 7 or more years experience
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Proven track record for driving & closing cross-disciplinary projects using the 8D problem solving method
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus