Away is seeking a Customer Experience Associate to join our customer obsessed team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in a customer-centric environment with a passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, empathy, warmth, humility, a sense of humor & a thoughtful, positive attitude that empowers you to assist our customers every day. You will work closely with Operations & Fulfillment. You will report into the CX Leadership Team & this position will be based in New York.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand on the front lines with customers
- Deliver transformative customer experiences & develop lasting relationships via all channels that customers interact with us
- Be innovative about ways in which we can optimize each customers experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of all of Aways products
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Away, constantly championing our core values
- Troubleshoot & resolve customer issues with the utmost care & respect by listening to their problems & offering innovative & meaningful resolutions
- Consistently deliver personalized experiences while meeting quality & productivity goals
- Share customer feedback & information with other team members & leaders in order to continuously improve & evolve the customer experience
- Contribute to an open, thoughtful & people-obsessed team culture
Who you are:
- Open - able to see all situations from a perspective other than your own with an acute ability to empathize with our customers.
- Problem Solver must be a forward thinker & decision maker in a fast-paced environment; make sound decisions that lead to results & meaningful experiences.
- Thoughtful -foster a positive & enthusiastic environment for both the customer & the internal team at Away; genuinely love interacting with the customer & building relationships.
- Demonstrates Integrity honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the office environment. You uphold company values & policies while maintaining the integrity of the content & delivery.
- Effective Communicator must be an excellent communicator, able to listen well & understand the needs of our customer & the business. You express ideas clearly & directly after actively listening.
- Able to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evening & weekends
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!