What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software!
Summary: Master of quality techniques & tools. Ensure high quality & timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective & ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions & dependencies that can cause quality issues & ensures engineers account for them in their design & testing. Analyzes mistakes & helps ensure they do not recur. First level line management role. Responsible for HR management of a small number of Quality Engineers. Aids in attracting, retaining & growing Quality Engineering staff.
- Line manager for up to three Quality Engineering personnel.
- Responsible for training, coaching, continuous performance feedback & career guidance.
- Continually test knowledge of area of responsibility & escalate needs, challenges, status, successes, etc. of reporting employees.
- Involved in QE recruiting process.
- Provide valuable requirements analysis feedback, ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Work with other scrum team members to define & review Acceptance Criteria.
- Master of test design techniques.
- Manually test & troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, Functionality, Database, & Regression Test Features across web, Android & iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python & Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design & techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, & troubleshooting of software defects & aid in the documentation of defects & anomalies.
- Strong skills in leading Incident postmortems & determining leaked defect root causes.
- Build, maintain & improve test artifacts for rapid & efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete & timely reporting of all work products.
- Experience in testing iOS/Android applications is a plus.
Preferred Experience Level:
- 7+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
- Experience as a mentor or manager strongly desired
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.