We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What Were Looking For
We are looking for a strong Assistant General Manager to help directly lead our housekeeping team & help support our General Manager with their regional goals. The ideal candidate leads by example, communicates effectively, & is passionate about the tiny details, making positive experiences in every interaction with team members, guests, & owners.
What Youll Do
- Assist the GM in managing our operations
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests by ensuring homes are cared for & cleaned to Vacasa standard
- Monitor the housekeeping assignments schedule daily to ensure coverage
- Review assignments for hours logged to avoid incomplete assignments
- Manage, mentor, train & support a team of Housekeepers
- Supervise housekeeping contractors & Vacasa Housekeepers to ensure they meet Vacasa standards
- Assist with cleans as needed
- Complete & delegate regular inspections of homes to maintain standard cleanliness
- Complete inspections of homes prior to guest arrival
- Work closely with the GM to support guest & homeowner relationships
- Lead bi-weekly performance evaluations with Housekeepers
- Home repairs including appliance troubleshooting, cable/wifi troubleshooting, basic knowledge of HVAC systems & light plumbing [to fix a leaky sink]
- Identify escalated maintenance issues & work with maintenance team to resolve them in a timely manner
- Administer supply, inventory & storage programs
- This position will require you to be cool under pressure & to balance challenging priorities on a regular basis.
- We are a vacation company & we will be the busiest when most folks are taking vacations-i.e. weekends, spring break, summer, etc. Well need you to be available.
- Assist the GM to guide your staff on strategic development within their regions
- Support the GMs vision of the project objectives
- Traveling to & working in your region will be expected daily
- Motivate & inspire your team members
- Communicate expected results, set expectations, & instill a high level of accountability within your team
- Leverage your leadership skills to work with the full Vacasa leadership team to continue building a strong organization while also leaning on strong management skills to guide your staff day each day
The Skills Youll Need
- Natural born leader: Your ability to lead the team in a collective & positive way is essential. You will also need to work with our General Manager to continually improve our service, strategy, & set long-term goals.
- Ability to analyze & interpret financial & other data for your region & perform a cost-benefit analysis to recommend best practices for your team
- Communicator: Proactively communicate with your team in person & through email, video conference, & telephone to ensure that they are equipped with the information & support they need
- Problem Solver: At Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails & we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action & work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable thinking through how we might use technology to better our service.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner & guest experience. As an agent of change, we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- Self Starter: To find success at Vacasa you need to be self-motivate & ready to blaze your own path. This doesnt mean we dont have guard rails, it means we want to be impressed.
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture