ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms design team is a group of collaborative, fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on creativity & designing products Skimmrs love. As part of this temporary position, youll be responsible for bringing our videos & social media channels to life through design, storytelling, & motion graphics. You will be an integral part of the team when it comes to collaborating on a variety of internal & external projects.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Collaborating with our video team to create custom motion graphics packages & assets for video series
- Collaborating with our social team to maintain & update social media design templates for the team to use
- Creating cohesive designs across video & social for branded content campaigns
- Innovating with theSkimms design team on evolving our visual language & brand
- Working as a part of theSkimms design team on a variety of projects needed for the brand & internal teams
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of design experience
- BFA degree in graphic design, motion design, or related field preferred
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects & oversee entire projects from conception to delivery in a fast evolving environment
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography & composition, & grids
- Expert design skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, & Sketch app
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly
- Ability to listen, interpret, & communicate; in other words, be able to problem solve & take design feedback from clients & coworkers
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimms brand, products, brand aesthetic, audience, & mission a plus
- Fluency in Premiere Pro a plus
Please submit a portfolio with applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time, temporary role through May 2020 based in New York, NY.