Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Product Manager to build products for the next 10 years of growth in messaging. This product leader will work closely with partners & internal stakeholders to identify, launch & scale innovative messaging capabilities that fuel our customers products. Reporting to the Head of Product for Twilio Messaging, this position is critical in maintaining Twilios leadership position in the messaging market.
Twilio is looking for a product leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of driving new launches & scaling features that drive measurable business impact. They also have:
- 4+ years experience in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle & know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble & have empathy as a key trait.
- You have solved complex problems & have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- You have the ability to distill information from many - often competing - sources into clearly scoped problems & focused, high impact solutions.
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are writing product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from greenfield to at-scale
- Technically savvy & experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, & mobility is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or Math).
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Distill information from many - often competing - sources into clearly scoped problems & focused, high impact solutions.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with customers, partners & internal stakeholders to bring innovative ideas to life that unlock new messaging capabilities
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Envision a world better than today for our customers & clear the path through ambiguity to get there.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate extensively with engineering, design & other functional teams within Twilio & have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ruthlessly prioritize to bring only the highest impact ideas to life based on measurable outcomes that help our customers.
Brands globally are incorporating more & more text messages into their workflows, informing users of appointments, deliveries, & connecting brands to their customers. Usage is set to continue growing exponentially & Twilios Programmable Messaging business unit is at the forefront of this revolution.
Our business unit builds not just the messaging products of today, but also of tomorrow. From Twilios API for WhatsApp to future initiatives like Rich Communication Services (RCS), & Apple Business Chat, Twilios Programmable Messaging APIs ensure that brands around the world are able to connect to their customers on the channels that make the most sense.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.