Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Come be a key part of a high-performing & motivated team in the vanguard of documenting Visa products & services, including Visa digital, mobile payments, e-commerce, money transfer, & much more for Financial Institutions, partners, vendors, & Visa staff around the world.
As part of the Network Processing Communications team, you'll work closely with other team members to develop technical articles for the Global Technical Letter & Implementation Guide (GTLIG) & Global Service Activation Guide (GSAG). These articles document enhancements to various Visa products & services as well as changes to existing core systems being made in the VisaNet Business Enhancements Release.
Our writers collaborate with systems architects, software engineers, project managers, business partners, & client support staff to ensure multi-system technical requirements and/or implementation & testing requirements are fully developed & documented for Clients & Visa staff. We proactively support consistent on-time delivery of Client documentation for every Visa Business Enhancements Release, ensuring that this SSAE18 audit item is successfully met.
On our team, you'll analyze business requirements, multi-system conceptual approaches, & technical designs to define & document the technical changes & configuration & testing requirements for both Clients & Visa staff. You'll also determine from project documents as well as consultations & article reviews with the project team the information applicable to each audience & how it will be presented & positioned in the article.
Other projects our team works on include standalone Technical Letters, Technical Specification Guides, Client Implementation Guides, Service Activation Guides, & Service Advisories for off-release systems implementations, as well as updates to internal guides for customer service staff.
Building & managing strong relationships with business partners & technology teams, as well as regularly interacting with both technical & non-technical staff, are key to smoothly & successfully delivering our projects on time.
As key contributors & subject matter experts in their own right, our writers also support the VisaNet Business Release process by serving as technical contacts and/or providing support in the Command Center. They also serve as third-level support for Client inquiries.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Technical writing or related experience. Extensive experience with writing technical documentation based on technical project artifacts & interactions with Subject Matter Experts, including system architects & senior software engineers required.
- Strong knowledge of the structure & content of the English language including the rules of composition & grammar.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal & problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, & understand new information, technologies & practices quickly.
- Proven business processes analysis skills: gathering business requirements, analyzing systems impacts, accurately capturing system requirements & specifications.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, & SharePoint.
- Experienced with advanced authoring software such as Acrobat.
- Experienced with graphics editing software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro.
- Knowledgeable with Visa systems or applications.
- Familiarity with XML documentation tools & profiling; XML editor (Arbortext Editor, Oxygen, or similar) & document repository (Documentum or similar).
- Familiarity with Web design tools (SharePoint Designer & Workflow).
- Experience with API documentation is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during & beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.