BuzzFeed, the social news & entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We're looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Compensation, you will support the implementation & administration of compensation programs, including base pay administration, annual incentive plans, long-term incentives & the annual year-end compensation cycle.
We offer a great compensation package, benefits, & an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks & drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Be a resource & expert in compensation programs, policies, & legislation governing compensation. Provide advice to HRBPs regarding specific compensation issues & propose solutions & recommendations.
- Support the development, administration, messaging & compliance of compensation programs, including the annual compensation review cycle, sales commission plans, recognition plan etc
- Partner with Recruiters & HRBPs to establish competitive new hire offers & adhoc compensation adjustments
- Partner with People Operations & Finance to ensure accuracy in HR data systems including compensation, levels, titles etc
- Develop compensation metrics & tools to inform compensation program decisions, forecasting & budgeting
- Participate in surveys to collect & analyze compensation information to determine BuzzFeed's competitive position
- Create appropriate documentation & user training to support compensation programs
- Be an essential point of contact for internal & external clients related to compensation
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree & 4+ years of progressive Compensation experience or relevant general HR experience
- Experience with both broad & commission based compensation
- Expert skills in Excel with writing complex formulas & creating graphs
- Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.); Workday experience a plus
- Experience with quantitative data analysis & using data to guide decision-making
- Analyzed data & created meaningful, understandable models, reports that are easily digestible
- Developed concise presentations to illustrate & communicate related information
- Experience partnering, influencing, & working effectively with all levels of an organization
- Maintained confidentiality of sensitive information, issues & events
- Experience working independently & within a team to drive projects across multiple departments & client groups, using knowledge of both internal & external business practices to improve products or service offerings
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.