Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Software Engineer in our Resilient Services Group, you will develop new & expand existing backend & Kubernetes based services or products. Our services not only power the Appian platform, but they also unlock other feature teams ability to leverage modern microservice, containerization, & orchestration technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Passion for working in a modern & collaborative environment, supporting cloud native technologies
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, & Kafka to design & build new features & services
- Valuing innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership. Whether its through Engineering Indie Time (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), dedicated learning time, or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing
- A large engineering team where you are empowered to be autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers & leaders to have a sense of community & accomplishment
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Golang, or Python
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & strong oral, written, & presentation skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Proficiency with the Kubernetes Operator pattern
- Familiarity with monitoring & performance tools like Prometheus
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.