Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our General Manager for the US, you will play the role of regional operations lead. This is an opportunity to use your operations and/or project management superpowers & leadership skills to guide the future Purposes business & impact in the US.
You will partner with our Head of US to make key business decisions, support staff, oversee resourcing, & manage reports & tools to surface insights & guide strategy.
This role reports to the Head of US & will be a part of the NY team with connections to the global operations team, but we are open to strong candidates based across the US with the willingness to travel as needed or relocate.
This role is a full-time staff position, offered at the Senior Director tier with a salary range of $120,000 - $160,000 & benefits, commensurate with experience.
Role Objective: Partner with the Head of US to lead business operations for the US. Responsible for reporting & forecasting, operational reviews, business insights, business & resource planning, & US team utilization & management.
Business Insights & Leadership
- Trusted partner to regional leadership on key business initiatives, programs, resource planning, & special projects.
- Develops, utilizes, & analyzes business reports to provide actionable insights that support decision-making.
- Oversees & manages project health, contractor spend, revenue pipeline & forecast, utilization reports.
- Leads, collaborates & facilitates cross-functional operational reviews to drive decision-making & assess progress against goals & priorities.
- Proactively tracks progress against team/office priorities.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiency improvements & builds plans to execute.
- Analyses office project portfolio, to help build, track progress, & support evolution market strategy.
- Develops hiring recommendations based on utilization trends & data, creating comprehensive business cases for recruitment in collaboration with functional leads.
- Expertly navigates Mavenlink, our project budget & resource management tool, & ensures team members are upskilled as needed.
- Oversee local staffing, maintaining knowledge of current & upcoming project resourcing teams & needs.
- Develop & deploy resourcing approaches that meet utilization targets & long-term staffing strategies.
- Acts as troubleshooter & escalation point for staffing & conflict resolution, developing solutions that balance business goals & impact opportunities.
- Collaborates with the People & Experience team to ensure smooth onboarding programs for the nuanced needs of new staff members.
- Supports the hiring process, working closely with talent acquisition team, ensuring were bringing in the right talent to support our work.
- Monitors the balance of full-time & contractor staff, surfacing forecasts & risks to leadership as needed.
- Strengthens organizational culture by contributing to the strategy & planning of cultural initiatives & internal communications.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have/are:
- Significant experience in business operations, resource management, management consulting, or project management in a consulting, creative, agency or other business with a complex matrixed resourcing model.
- Ability to lead & manage cross-functional teams & groups.
- Sophisticated interpersonal, problem-solving & leadership communication skills.
- High bar for quality, rigor, & integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously, diplomatically driving the business forward while obtaining results through ambiguity & conflicting needs.
- Strength in managing cross-functional teams & high-priority projects.
- Expertise & fluency within standard business tools, including spreadsheet & presentation development & productivity & communication platforms (Slack, Notion, etc).
- Familiarity with Mavenlink, our resource & financial reporting platform, is a huge plus.
- Dedicated to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.